[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Kimmo Jaskari" <kimmo dot jaskari at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall for a home user
 Date:  Wed, 20 Dec 2006 16:35:07 +0200
On 12/20/06, Ignacio Verona <iverona at estudio dash verona dot com> wrote:

> Also, will I be able to easily (or not ver hard) configure all the things
> that my home network clients need (as I said, msn transfers, skype, video
> conference...)? That's a big deal, because I that "things" doesn't work
> network users will refuse the "new strange router" ;)

I'd have no qualms with using m0n0 in a corporate environment, after
altering rules for outgoing traffic etc into something a lot more
restrictive than it is out of the box of course.

All you need to try it out is a PC with a CD-ROM and a floppy, so why
not just download it and do some trial runs?

I use it as my home router (DSL modem -> m0n0 -> switch) and couldn't
be happier with either configurability, stability or performance.

--
-{ Kimmo Jaskari }--{ kimmo dot jaskari at gmail dot com }--

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people
very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
  - "Hitchhikers Guide", Douglas Adams