[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "James W. McKeand" <james at mckeand dot biz>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Message in log Monowall.
 Date:  Thu, 21 Dec 2006 09:33:17 -0600
This can also mean that a machine (usually a server) has a pair of
network cards that are "teamed". I have seen this in logs where there
are Intel NICs in adaptive load balancing teams - the virtual NIC will
get the IP and switch which NIC responds from time to time.

Although these are not Intel NICs - one MAC shows that it is a "Fujitsu
Siemens Computers" and the other is a "PRO-NETS Technology Corporation"
- there could be some form of load balancing.

James W. McKeand