[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jeroen Visser" <monowall at forty dash two dot nl>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Beta 1.3b1 released
 Date:  Mon, 18 Dec 2006 09:01:20 +0100
On Sun, 17 Dec 2006 20:15:54 -0700, Aaron Cherman wrote
> > - changed base system to FreeBSD 6.2-RC1 -> better support for new
> > hardware, Ethernet NICs, etc.
>
> I am terribly excited about this.  I am out on a job on Monday but I
> plan on upgrading my problem installs on Tuesday.  I am interested to
> see if the move to v6 solves the lockups that have plagued a handful of us.
>
> Kudos to Manuel for his work.  Much appreciated.
>
> One Very Excited User...
>
> Aaron

I second Aaron's excitement and his praise for Manuel.

As soon as I am able to upgrade one of the problematic firewalls, I'll try to get
it to lock up again, by enabling the use of P2P. (That's almost a guarantee to
lockup the firewall at work which runs on the latest stable release).

It might take me a week to see if this beta version is stable enough for
production use. (All the previous beta's were stable enough, but I want to be
somewhat sure about this release, since it's a major change of the OS).

--
Jeroen Visser.