[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "RP Smith" <rpsmith at hotmail dot com>
 To:  zlinda1002 at cox dot net, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Bypassing dhcp assigned dns servers
 Date:  Fri, 22 Dec 2006 03:31:00 -0600
You might want to add something similar to the following lines to your
config file under the <dhcpd> section:

<dnsserver>192.168.10.200</dnsserver>
<dnsserver>192.168.10.201</dnsserver>

This will cause the DHCP server  to hand out the DNS servers of your choice
instead of the firewall's own LAN address.  Seems to work much better for me
than having the firewall forwarding DNS requests.

Roy...