[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Aaron Cherman" <aaronc at morad dot ab dot ca>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  MTU Trouble in FreeBSD 6
 Date:  Fri, 22 Dec 2006 09:17:02 -0700
Hey everyone, I just upgraded to 1.3b1.  Once the unit was up and running I started receiving the
same kernel messages as I did when I tried pfSense in this config.

kernel: em0: discard oversize frame (ether type 8100 flags 3 len 1518 > max 1418)

The lengths that get discarded range from 1438 up to 1518 from the initial messages I have.  em0 is
my Opt interface that hosts all of my VLANs.  In my config I have the MTU for the interfaces and
VLANs forced to 1400 with these lines:

<shellcmd>ifconfig em0 mtu 1400</shellcmd>
<shellcmd>ifconfig vlan0 mtu 1400</shellcmd>
<shellcmd>ifconfig vlan1 mtu 1400</shellcmd>

It does not appear that the MTU is actually getting forced.  Again, I had this issue when I upgraded
to pfSense a while back trying to combat the lockups.

Any help is appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Aaron