[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] MTU Trouble in FreeBSD 6
 Date:  Fri, 22 Dec 2006 14:52:17 -0500
On 12/22/06, Aaron Cherman <aaronc at morad dot ab dot ca> wrote:
> Hey everyone, I just upgraded to 1.3b1.  Once the unit was up and running I started receiving the
same kernel messages as I did when I tried pfSense in this config.

> kernel: em0: discard oversize frame (ether type 8100 flags 3 len 1518 > max 1418)

<snip>
> It does not appear that the MTU is actually getting forced.  Again, I had this issue when I >
upgraded to pfSense a while back trying to combat the lockups.

No, looks like it is getting forced and therefore won't accept
anything larger than your MTU.  That doesn't affect what your clients
are sending.

I'm guessing you probably have it set at 1400 because you had MTU
issues in the past with connections hanging or similar issues that
used to be common with VLAN's.  What happens if you take that out now?

-Chris