[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Peter Allgeyer <allgeyer at web dot de>
 To:  is999hamb at ntlworld dot com
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Install Problems
 Date:  Sat, 23 Dec 2006 19:50:22 +0100
Ok, than we have to go the long way ...

Am Samstag, den 23.12.2006, 18:26 +0000 schrieb Ian Sweet:
> Thanks, but I have tried following this http://doc.m0n0.ch/quickstartpc/
> and it's not really helped at all I have the Image on CD and FreeBSD
> running on the Machine and still can't get monowall to work.

You don't need FreeBSD on the PC. Just insert a MSDOS-formatted floppy
and boot from the CD. That's all. Any further questions are answered
here: http://m0n0.ch/wall/installation_cdrom.php

If you want to boot from HD instead of CDROM, you'll need the HD-Image
instead. You can't boot from it nor install it the "usual" way. You have
to boot with knoppix/Damn Small Linux/rip or anything else and
"rawwrite" it to your harddisk. If you want to go that way, read this
fine manual: http://m0n0.ch/wall/installation_generic_dsl.php

BTW: Be sure to have at least two network interfaces in your PC.
Supported hardware can be found here: http://m0n0.ch/wall/hardware.php

BR, PIT

 copyleft(c) by |   _-_     That wouldn't be good enough.   -- Larry Wall
 Peter Allgeyer | 0(o_o)0   in <199710131621 dot JAA14907 at wall dot org>