[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Kasper Pedersen" <m0n0list dash kkp2 at kasperkp dot dk>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  my status on 1.3b1,b2
 Date:  Sat, 23 Dec 2006 22:14:30 +0100
Just posting status. Mostly harmless:
mono at home(4M/512), two at work(5M/5M), an old 1.11 at Another
Network(32M/32M). I have two IPSEC tunnels to work, three to Another, and
one to a friend's network. Lots of rules.
Everything is smooth, and the C3-800 boxes I use show <15% cpu, as usual,
and getting ~440k/sec from work. They top out at around 75Mbps/70%, as
usual, due to the RT8100 NICs used.
There was some bumpiness with connections being lost when I fetched gigantic
files from the company HTTP server, and that winbox in turn had to fetch it
through SMB from my Linux box at work, but, a ms-operation (reboot) of the
webserver apparently made that go away.

Q:
The one thing that puzzles me is this: mono (1.3b2) now recognizes an
ural(4) nic (since Manuel Kasper mentioned ral(4), I thought I'd try it) and
reads the MAC address correctly, only how does one configure such a thing
(it's not recognized as a wireless device?)?

Feature idea:
When the user asks to upgrade with an 8MB card, redirect to a "Last time you
did this, you had to drive halfway across town, climb up the mast, and
replace the CF card. And it's probably raining. Do you really wish to get
wet?" I was SO certain it was a 16M card.

/Kasper