[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dennis Karlsson <dennis at denniskarlsson dot com>
 To:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Beta 1.3b1 released
 Date:  Sat, 23 Dec 2006 23:21:03 +0100
I've tried both polling and without pre 1.3b. CPU shows a few percent
more usage without polling but not over 5-10% (pushing over 90Mb/s).

I have polling on right now too.

If FreeBSD 6+ uses so much more of the CPU I guess it's better to use
1.22 if you have a fast Internet connection and a rather slow firewall box.

If I replace the box with lets say a Pentium 4 3GHz. Would it be enough
to handle the throughput of a 100Mbit connection?

/ Dennis