[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  Rob Friedman <rob dot friedman at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch, Tuomas Kaijanen <tuomas at kaijanen dot net>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Beta 1.3b2 released
 Date:  Sun, 24 Dec 2006 10:55:11 +0100
On 24.12.06 00:42 -0700, Rob Friedman wrote:

> I use a USB keyboard on my machine.  Currently 1.3b1 will boot with
> my USB keyboard attached or unattached.  Unfortunately I am unable
> to use the keyboard once booted.  The numlock turns on and off, but
> that is about as much as it does work.
>
> With 1.3b2 my machine will not boot at all, and gets stuck at the
> beginning directly after the BIOS, and says "Keyboard: NO" and just
> hangs there.

Hmm, it's supposed to boot anyway but use the serial console (you
obviously won't see anything on VGA then).

Looks like the automatic keyboard detection feature in FreeBSD that
one user proposed and that is enabled in 1.3b2 doesn't work very well
- I'll remove it in 1.3b3.

I'll also put kbdmux into the kernel config, which should hopefully
make both AT and USB keyboards work on all systems.

- Manuel