[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  VinceV <vpv at ak7 dot com>
 To:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 Cc:  Rob Friedman <rob dot friedman at gmail dot com>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch, Tuomas Kaijanen <tuomas at kaijanen dot net>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Beta 1.3b2 released
 Date:  Sun, 24 Dec 2006 18:46:18 -0800
The switch that was added determines where the console output will be directed
at boot time.  The -P switch makes the assumption that if a keyboard is detected
that the device is a PC and has a monitor so the console is assigned to the
attached keyboard/monitor.

If a keyboard is not detected the assumption is that its some sort of appliance
and the console is directed to the device serial port.

Are you basing the "did not work" because there was no further output on the
monitor or did you attempt to connect to the GUI via the web browser?

I LOVE this change as now I can upgrade all my m0n0s without first having to
change the release image.  I've installed it on 3 m0n0s so far, all with
positive results.

VinceV