[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  skelshy at xsmail dot com
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  1.3b2 install success, thanks!
 Date:  Mon, 25 Dec 2006 10:57:22 -0800
First off, thanks to Manuel and team for making this awesome software :)

Setup was smooth, I backed up the config, pulled the CF card, updated
it, plugged it back in, and wrote the config back.

Main motivation for upgrading is the wider range of hardware supported,
specifically to gain use of the onboard realtek NIC. Also I had some
spurious interrupt messages which are now gone. So, I now do have a
third NIC available, and was able to set up a DMZ. Cool :-)

For reference, this is the hardware used:

ECS RS485M-M (ATI E1100) Micro ATX Motherboard in Antec NSK3300 case
Sempron 2800, 512 MB RAM
Syba SD-CF-IDE-D1 CF-IDE adapter w/32 mb card
Onboard rtl8139 and one Intel and one DEC NIC (I think)

yeah I know this is overkill, but I wasn't sure I would stick with it
when I built it, so I built it from parts I had on hand or could reuse
elsewhere. IIRC the box draws about 45W.

Request: The current keyboard detection logic doesn't work as intended
for me. I usually don't have a keyboard attached, but I'd like to be
able to connect a monitor to check on the box in case it stops
responding.

-Martin