[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Aaron Cherman" <aaronc at morad dot ab dot ca>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Beta 1.3b2: "Keyboard: No" Error Causes Mono to not boot after upgrade
 Date:  Wed, 27 Dec 2006 08:32:05 -0700
> This may be way off base, but does the machine normally boot without the
> keyboard. Could the machine's bios be set to "halt on keyboard error"? I
> remember a series of Compaqs that would not boot at all without a
> keyboard.
>

>> Hi Guys,
>> generic
>> PC image from 1.22 to the 1.3b2. If I do a firmware upload remotely and
>> let
>> it reboot a keyboardless machine will reboot ok but will not load
>> monowall
>> as it comes up with a screen saying Keyboard:No on it. If i turn the
>> machine
>> off and plug in a keyboard it will book OK. However I plan to do this
>> upgrade to many monos but all of my machines do not have keyboards. Any
>> suggestions or has anyone perhaps modified the current image already? Or
>> is
>> it only something to expect in the next beta release? I have a mono
>> behind
>> NAT that I really need to get an IPSEC vpn working on so Im dying to try
>> the
>> NAT-T settings in 1.3b2!

I have not tried this feature yet but I want to ask a question for
troubleshooting.  When your monitor shows "Keyboard: No", what does the
output to the console show?  Are you sure m0n0wall does not load or does the
output to the monitor just stop?  If no keyboard is detected then no output
will go to the monitor, it will all go to the console.

Aaron