I have 6 IPSec tunnels continuously running from my office to client
sites. Two of them are to Cisco PIX's. No problems in the past, but
was eager to offer some testing of 1.3b2, so I installed it yesterday
Well, since then, the two tunnels that go to PIX's have been acting up.
Three times, they just stopped passing traffic for a few hours (caused
Nagios which runs in my office to think the client sites were down)
I downgraded a few hours ago back to 1.22 and everything is fine again.
Sorry, I did not have a chance to gather any debug information--but, I'm
willing to run the experiment again in a few days if you can tell me any
specifics on what information you would like.
(for what it's worth, the upgrade & downgrade went very smoothly :-)
Generic PC image (using a CF card)
VPN tunnels UNAFFECTED are all using blowfish-cbc for the encryption
(going to M0n0walls I've setup at my client sites that are all running 1.22)
The two tunnels affected were using 3des-cbc, connecting to Cisco PIX's
(sorry, don't know specifics on the config on the PIX's themselves, as I
don't personally have access to them).
Again, I would love to contribute some helpful information--outline what