[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jai Ketteridge" <jai at innaloo dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  "Keyboard No" Error Solution Found
 Date:  Thu, 28 Dec 2006 17:35:27 +0900
Hi

Thanks to suggestions by VinceV ive discovered that in order for the current
version of Mono 1.3b2 to boot off a generic PC without a keyboard you must
have a serial port enabled in the BIOS. Ive tested this theory on a number
of Intel mainboards and a HP P2 400 system with success.

The serial console isnt a half bad idea. Now I just have to try and talk
clients through opening their firewalls to move the Bios Config jumpers on
their Intel board systems so we can re-enable the Serial port :) My half
baked idea to disable it!

Thanks guys

JK