[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Ron Carter" <wcarterjr at earthlink dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Beta 1.32b
 Date:  Fri, 29 Dec 2006 23:23:25 -0500
Hey Guys,
I have just updated my firewall yesterday with the new beta.  I have serveral things to report.

Good news:
1.  VPN tunnels are running great no issues to report.
    Connections are being made to the followng devices:
        a.  Symantec 320
        b.  Linksys BEF41 Vpn router
        c.  M0n0wall 1.21
    Connections re-establish almost instantly.  No issue and a decrease of ping by as much as 50 MS
on one tunnel.

2.  Download performance has increased greatly.

3.  Nat 1:1 is now working and I am able to run web server on XP Professional with no issues.  Over
all it running great

4. Now have my m0n0wall with a wireless adapter running in the infra-structure mode and using WEP
encryption with no issues.

Bad News:
1.  I had trouble with the configuration page for System:  Advanced setup
2.  I had issues with WEP setup but found a free WEP generation tool that help me create the WEP
codes
    http://k.b5z.net/i/u/2187438/h/WEP_Key_Generator.htm
3. Confirmed that the Diagnostics: IPsec does not work SAD page only
4. Diagnostics: Logs - Firewall page does not load properly.

Overall Coments the new product works great.  I am impressed with the flexibity and how quicly
someone like myself can set it up and get everthing running.  Even with features that I have never
used before.  It has take serveral months to get everything working.  I love it.  I just hope it
contiues to get better and better.

Things I would like to see:
1.  Some better help files
2.  Basic configuration examples for VPN with different type of hardware
3.  External access to the firewall for demo's and trouble shooting connection when trying to
establish VPN connections
RC