[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Rob Friedman" <rob dot friedman at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Beta 1.3b2 released
 Date:  Sun, 24 Dec 2006 00:42:09 -0700
Hi,
I didn't notice this issue in the last beta version 1.3b1 until after
I installed today's version 1.3b2.

I use a USB keyboard on my machine.  Currently 1.3b1 will boot with my
USB keyboard attached or unattached.  Unfortunately I am unable to use
the keyboard once booted.  The numlock turns on and off, but that is
about as much as it does work.

With 1.3b2 my machine will not boot at all, and gets stuck at the
beginning directly after the BIOS, and says "Keyboard: NO" and just
hangs there.

So after some thought, of how to revert back without losing my
settings.  I am back at 1.3b1, without keyboard functionality, but I
am able to configure just fine via the web interface.

I'm not too familiar with FreeBSD in the kernel output my keyboard
does show up and is recognized as a HID.

Just thought I should tell the list this so that hopefully it can get
resolved in the next beta release.

Thanks again Manuel for such great software!
-r0b

On 12/23/06, Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> m0n0wall beta version 1.3b2 is now available and fixes a few problems
> with 1.3b1, namely:
>
> - MSS clamping (PPPoE client)
> - forces ATA PIO mode to avoid problems with broken CF cards etc.
> - captive portal accounting fix
>
> New features:
>
> - NAT-T support for IPsec VPN
> - SNMP agent now has support for memory usage information MIB
> - hostap mode for ral(4) NICs
> - AES for IPsec Phase 1
> - automatic keyboard detection for generic-pc(-cdrom) -> fallback
>   to serial console if no keyboard found
>
> WPA (wireless) hasn't made it into this release yet.
>
> Detailed change log and downloads:
>
> http://m0n0.ch/wall/beta.php
>
> Merry christmas!
>
> Manuel

rob friedman | e-mail: rob dot friedman at gmail dot com