[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Christoph Hanle <christoph dot hanle at leinpfad dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] port 25
 Date:  Mon, 1 Jan 2007 16:26:39 +0100 (MET)
e+p wrote:
> I can't figure out why external mailservers can't reach my mailserver.I've forwarded port 25 to
the internal ipaddress of my mailserver (the NAT & rule).But when I look in the logging, port 25
seems to be natted to my mailserver but when my mailserver replyes the reply is being blocked my the
firewall.It doesn't make a difference if I add a rule to allow traffic from internal mailserver port
25 to any ipaddress/any port. Can anyone help me out?? TIA
Error, you have a misunderstanding of source- and destinationport.
the destinationport is always port 25. so you need an outgoing rule
like: allow my mailserver TCP all to port 25 TCP,address  0.0.0.0.

bye
Christoph