[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  =?ISO-8859-1?Q?G=F6ran_Samuelsson?= <goran at samuelsson dot pp dot se>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Problems w NIC in the 1.3b2 release
 Date:  Tue, 02 Jan 2007 15:03:56 +0100
Hi,

just tried to upgrade to 1.3b2 from the 1.23b1 release an cannot get it
to work properly.

The problem seams to be with the NIC at the WAN-side. I have a generic
PC, an Compaq DPENS with two 3com 3C905B-TX NICS. (see
http://m0n0.ch/wall/gallery/43.jpg)

When upgrading to 1.3b2 the communication almost stops, if i type
"www.google.com" in a browser at the LAN it takes several minutes to go
through. I've also notised that I cannot release the lease of the WAN
interface and that I get a "xl1 watchdog timeout" on the console. (xl1
=> WAN i/f)

Been trying to change irq's on the NIC but nothing helps, when
downgrading to 1.23b1 all works fine again...

best