[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Alex Herington <alex at sharespace dot co dot uk>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: Bridging OPT with WAN Problems
 Date:  Wed, 3 Jan 2007 16:01:31 +0000 (UTC)
Aaron with Morad <aaronc <at> morad.ab.ca> writes:
> I set up my CV860 using the OPT (Realtek) just as a physical bridge to the
> WAN (Realtek) and it works with no issues.  Only when I try to bridge a VLAN
> to the WAN does the bridge not work.

I'm having exactly the same problem! Using a Compaq DL320 server with 2 built-in
Intel Pro 100 NIC's that use the fxp driver. WAN is connected to a DSL router
and LAN is connected to a Netgear managed switch. I created 3 OPT VLAN
interfaces. 2 are normal NAT'ed VLANs which work perfectly - I can connect a
laptop to any of the VLAN ports and everything works as expected, but the 3rd
VLAN (which is bridged to WAN) doesn't pass any traffic. The only host I can
access from it is the WAN IP.

Had any luck? :(