[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "David Kitchens" <spider at webweaver dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Feature Request
 Date:  Wed, 3 Jan 2007 23:08:03 -0500
While I love the "Auto-add a firewall rule" option in NAT, I find it odd
that when I want to edit a NAT rule, this feature is not there. It seems
like it should be able to change to "Update the firewall rule" when you Edit
a NAT setting. Currently, if I want to edit a NAT rule, I also have to edit
the firewall rule. Would this be possible to do?

Second thought, since we have the blue fields for Aliases, could the fields
be drop down lists of available aliases? Not a major issue but a thought
since I am editing rules right at the moment.

Also, a quick report on a production Net 4511 upgrade to 1.3b2:

Upgrade was painless, everything worked that I use. Web and mail services
working to two servers, VLANs working, VPN's to several clients work fine,
(all connected to M0n0wall 1.22). My mini-pci wireless B is more stable now
than it was under 4.11, it used to stop working now and then.. The webgui is
slightly slower than it was but a 4511 is only a 133mhz so I expected that
and can deal with it. Overall, a fine piece of work and a painless upgrade
as usual with M0n0wall!

Dave