[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Neil A. Hillard" <m0n0 at dana dot org dot uk>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Feature Request
 Date:  Thu, 4 Jan 2007 20:40:34 +0000
Hi,

In message <459D622B dot 6090906 at gmx dot de>, Carsten Holbach
<Carsten dot Holbach at gmx dot de> writes
>I support this feature request!
>
>David Kitchens schrieb:
>> While I love the "Auto-add a firewall rule" option in NAT, I find it odd
>> that when I want to edit a NAT rule, this feature is not there. It seems
>> like it should be able to change to "Update the firewall rule" when you Edit
>> a NAT setting. Currently, if I want to edit a NAT rule, I also have to edit
>> the firewall rule. Would this be possible to do?
>>   Second thought, since we have the blue fields for Aliases, could
>>the fields
>> be drop down lists of available aliases? Not a major issue but a thought
>> since I am editing rules right at the moment.
>>   Also, a quick report on a production Net 4511 upgrade to 1.3b2:
>>   Upgrade was painless, everything worked that I use. Web and mail
>>services
>> working to two servers, VLANs working, VPN's to several clients work fine,
>> (all connected to M0n0wall 1.22). My mini-pci wireless B is more stable now
>> than it was under 4.11, it used to stop working now and then.. The webgui is
>> slightly slower than it was but a 4511 is only a 133mhz so I expected that
>> and can deal with it. Overall, a fine piece of work and a painless upgrade
>> as usual with M0n0wall!

I can see how it could be useful but I don't think it is that easy to
implement.  The two tables are completely separate so some form of link
between the two would need to be maintained.

What happens when you've 'tweaked' the firewall rule?  Would the link be
severed or would the NAT rule update overwrite the firewall rule
changes?

When adding a rule it's a bit of a no-brainer but maintaining from then
on wouldn't be particularly easy... unless I've missed something
obvious!

My 2p worth!

ATB,

                                Neil.