[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "David Kitchens" <spider at webweaver dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Feature Request
 Date:  Thu, 4 Jan 2007 18:32:12 -0500
Point taken, I hadn't thought of tweaking just the firewall rule but in most
cases I have ran into, the two rules are meant to be together. All I was
hoping for was a checkbox option like we have on the NAT page that would
update the other rule if the user wanted to. It doesn't have to be a
mandatory thing, but most of the time I have needed to edit both. Example
for my situation is port 3389, 99% of the time, I have it set to my
workstation so I can get to it remotely, here and there I need to let
someone use Terminal Services to get to my W2K3 server and I have to change
the rules. I am not a programmer so I didn't know if this could be done but
figured I would throw it out to the list and see. Having a drop menu for
aliases seems like it should be fairly simple, that's more cosmetic than
anything else.

Dave