[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  =?ISO-8859-1?Q?G=F6ran_Samuelsson?= <goran at samuelsson dot pp dot se>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Cc:  Ron Carter <wcarterjr at earthlink dot net>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Problems w NIC in the 1.3b2 release
 Date:  Fri, 05 Jan 2007 11:59:18 +0100
Hi again.

Gotta hand it to you Ron, you where absolutely right!! Many thanks!!

Last night at about 2 o'clock I took a plunge at it, bribed my kids to
stop doing what ever they are doing on World of Warcraft and CS and
whatever (I don't wanna know)... Equipped with the latest BIOS Rompaq
(just to be sure), half a dozen of NIC's, a diskette drive, a monitor, a
small keyboard, some internal cables, lots of coffee and some whiskey...

The first thing I noticed where that I had downloaded the wrong BIOS, my
router has a 686T5 motherboard. There are several flavours of them
Compaqs, and of course I've got the wrong one. Booted up the router
again and surfed out for the right one. And now I found the error! It
DID NOT have the latest BIOS version, and I also remembered why
(Alzheimer's light); I replaced the motherboard for nearly two years
ago, and did not check the BIOS version... Flashed the BIOS to the
latest 98.08.21 version, and not a single watchdog barking at me!!!

So much for being a stubborn old man, my gut feeling was probably
ordinary gas... And why don't we have personal automatic syslogs so we
can go back and read what we have done in the past?

Thanks again Ron!
best