[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  sai <sonicsai at gmail dot com>
 To:  SDamron <sdamron at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  "Mark Ryan" <markryan at cfl dot rr dot com>, "Monowall Support List" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] best version and future for WRAP
 Date:  Sat, 6 Jan 2007 11:35:02 +0500
m0n0 1.22 is based on FreeBSD 4.11
m0n0 1.3 is based on FreeBSD 6

FreeBSD 4.11 has excellent ethernet throughput
FreeBSD 6 has had a lot of work done on supporting SMP (which is multiple CPUs).

Your best performance on small, embedded machines is probably going to
come from m0n0 1.22 ; if you have a large machine with multiple CPUs
then m0n0 1.3 will eventually give better throughput.

sai