[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  "Marty Zigman" <marty dot zigman at prolecto dot com>
 To:  "Marty Zigman" <marty dot zigman at prolecto dot com>, "Lee Sharp" <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Dropped Connection on Additional / Multiple WAN IP Addresses
 Date:  Sat, 6 Jan 2007 00:37:50 -0800
Hello Lee,
I resolved this to my satisfaction.  I found this post which led me to a solution.
Basically, I needed to add the other IP address to the interface versus using the ProxyARP feature.
So I turned off ProxyARP and added this to my config.xml file in the system area.
<shellcmd>/sbin/ifconfig rl0 netmask alias</shellcmd>
This works very similar to what I am used to on the Astaro firewall and it makes sense to me.  I
think the documentation should be updated or we need another facility to allow multiple IP addresses
in the WebGUI to help the average user.
Thanks for your willingness to help!