[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Marty Zigman" <marty dot zigman at prolecto dot com>
 To:  "Marty Zigman" <marty dot zigman at prolecto dot com>, "Lee Sharp" <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Dropped Connection on Additional / Multiple WAN IP Addresses
 Date:  Sat, 6 Jan 2007 00:37:50 -0800
Hello Lee,

I resolved this to my satisfaction.  I found this post which led me to a solution.

http://m0n0.ch/wall/list/showmsg.php?id=135/0

Basically, I needed to add the other IP address to the interface versus using the ProxyARP feature.
So I turned off ProxyARP and added this to my config.xml file in the system area.

<shellcmd>/sbin/ifconfig rl0 72.35.231.163 netmask 255.255.255.255 alias</shellcmd>

This works very similar to what I am used to on the Astaro firewall and it makes sense to me.  I
think the documentation should be updated or we need another facility to allow multiple IP addresses
in the WebGUI to help the average user.

Thanks for your willingness to help!

Marty