[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "James W Harrington" <jamesh at thefifthrace dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  New M0n0wall Hardware
 Date:  Mon, 8 Jan 2007 08:34:13 -0500
I currently have a m0n0wall running on an old Dell Dimension XPS (P3 1Ghz, 512MB RAM, 40GB Hard
Disk).  I knows it a bit overkill but it's all I had.    I am now looking at upgrading as the old
hardware is starting to become unreliable.  The problem is I need 6 network interfaces :

1.       Onboard used for WAN Connection

2.       PCI Slot One to Four using 3com NIC's

3.       PCI Slot Five has a 3com Wireless PCI Card

Dell don't provided a PC with more than 2 PCI slots that I can see despite asking them.  Does anyone

requirement.  Failing that I would consider using VLANS but I have no idea how to set them up.

Thanks for any help

James