[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Benjamin H. Henry" <ben at magothy dot net>
 To:  James W Harrington <jamesh at thefifthrace dot com>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] New M0n0wall Hardware
 Date:  Mon, 08 Jan 2007 09:42:54 -0500
Instead of multiple PCI slots, you could try a PCI card with multiple
ethernet adapters on it:

http://www.routerboard.com/rb44.html

RouterBOARD44 PCI 4-port Ethernet adapter.

James W Harrington wrote:
> I currently have a m0n0wall running on an old Dell Dimension XPS (P3 1Ghz, 512MB RAM, 40GB Hard
Disk).  I knows it a bit overkill but it's all I had.    I am now looking at upgrading as the old
hardware is starting to become unreliable.  The problem is I need 6 network interfaces :

> 1.       Onboard used for WAN Connection
>
> 2.       PCI Slot One to Four using 3com NIC's
>
> 3.       PCI Slot Five has a 3com Wireless PCI Card
>

> Dell don't provided a PC with more than 2 PCI slots that I can see despite asking them.  Does

fit this requirement.  Failing that I would consider using VLANS but I have no idea how to set them
up.