[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Lloyd Palfrey" <Lloyd at wsufftrust dot org dot uk>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Off Topic : Bonding
 Date:  Wed, 3 Jan 2007 11:15:38 -0000
Hi guys,

I know this is a little off topic but I figured this would really be the
only place I could get a decent answer from.

I've got 6x cable modems and I need to bond them to just a single host.
I was thinking this might work....

Create a tunnel on each of the 6 interfaces going to 1 specific site
(100mbit internet connection). Then create a bond0 with the 6x tunnels.

I only need the bonding to work with this one specific site, not the
entire internet. Would the above work? I've got no idea. The ISP of the
cable modems doesn't support bonding, that much I know.

The other idea I had was to do load balancing over the 6 modems, using
some sort of tcp proxy that converts 1 thread into 6 at my end then 6
threads into 1 at the server end. I'm not sure if this sort of software
even exists.

All help would be gratefully received.

Many Thanks

Disclaimer - January 3, 2007
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for
m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute,
copy or alter this email. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the
author and might not represent those of West Suffolk Hospital. Warning: Although we've has taken
reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email, we cannot accept
responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments.