[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Max Cristin <max dot cristin at rogers dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  1.3b2 and 3Com 3c905 nics
 Date:  Mon, 08 Jan 2007 19:55:23 -0500
I'm using an old P133, 128MB Ram and 3 3c905 nics (WAN, LAN and DMZ). I
upgraded today to 1.3b2 I got these errors on the DMZ interface
repeating every few seconds over and over:

kernel: xl2: link state changed to DOWN
kernel: xl2: watchdog timeout
kernel: xl2: link state changed to UP
kernel: xl2: link state changed to DOWN
kernel: xl2: watchdog timeout
kernel: xl2: link state changed to UP
kernel: xl2: link state changed to DOWN
kernel: xl2: watchdog timeout

After many reboots, cables swaps, moving nics from pci slot to pci slot
ad testing on other systems, it just stopped and everything has been
working fine for 5 hours (knocking on wood).

I read in a recent thread on the mailing list that other people suffered
similar issues with 3c905 nics and all a sudden disappeared after the
upgrading to the latest motherboard bios. I doubt that was what fixed it
and I suspect there may be some compatibility or driver issues.

Has anybody else experienced anything similar with 3com nics? Thanks.

Max