[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Glen Page <glen dot page at thet dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  file sharing slow down
 Date:  Mon, 8 Jan 2007 19:55:19 -0500
I just replaced our freesco with a m0n0wall (pc with CD/floppy
combo). All works very nicely except...
machines on my LAN (10.5.x.x) which used to connect quickly via AFP
(macintosh) to servers on the WAN (216.204.237.x) still connect but
they take FOREVER to do anything that requires data transmission.
As a test.. I did a copy from 2 machines on my WAN VLAN  and it too
less than 2 minutes. The same copy from  a computer on my LAN - VLAN
to a computer on my WAN VLAN takes 2 0 3 hours!!!

Anybody got any ideas where to look...?

Thanks!

Glen Page
Technology Systems Administrator
ThetNet

people can see them. You should change them regularly. And you