[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jai Ketteridge" <jai at innaloo dot net>
 To:  "'Koen Wastyn'" <koenwastyn at mac dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] How to use RFC1483 routed ip over ATM ?
 Date:  Wed, 10 Jan 2007 20:23:20 +0900
Hi, I recently dealt with this with a client whereby their connection method
is IPOA. Its kinda the same as you, RFC1483 IP over ATM (static IP address).
I used a DLink DSL604T to handle the connection as m0n0wall can only do
PPPOE for ADSL connections. Your modem that you originally used should be
ok, but you have to somehow get all the traffic to the LAN port which is now
connecting to the WAN port of your Monowall. I managed to do this by using
the DMZ function on the modem to point all traffic to the IP of the monowall
WAN interface (I set this to 192.168.1.254).

Otherwise I dont know how one would get a modem to send all traffic through
to the m0n0wall.

JK