[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Ryan Mullins <rmullins at ciscomonkey dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  API?
 Date:  Tue, 9 Jan 2007 07:17:16 -0600
Has there ever been any thought of adding some sort of API or anything to allow adding rules
remotely?  The reason that I ask this is that I'd like to implement my ssh watch scripts (along
with other monitoring scripts that I previously used) again so that I can block the little script
kiddies and whatever else attacks start showing up on the fly.

Unfortunately I can't come up with any "clean" way to automatically add rules to
block/unblock these IP Addresses other than pulling the configuration via the download page,
have the script modify the XML, and then upload it via the restore procedure on the
firewall.  For *obvious* reasons I don't feel too particularly safe doing this.

Has anyone else come up with anything along these lines?

--Ryan