[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Glen Page <glen dot page at thet dot net>
 To:  Glen Page <glen dot page at thet dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] file sharing slow down
 Date:  Wed, 10 Jan 2007 17:58:29 -0500
Just in case anyone has a similar problem and since I never got an
answer from the list, I thought I would share what fixed the problem.

Turned out to be a NIC issue. The 3Com NICS in my m0n0wall were set
to auto-negotiate speed and plugged into HP Procurve Switch ports
that were set to auto-negotiate as well. Going in and setting both
the switch and the cards to 100-T Full Duplex fixed it. We are back
to less than 2 minutes for a big copy now.

Thanks for a great firewall.

On Jan 8, 2007, at 7:55 PM, Glen Page wrote:

> I just replaced our freesco with a m0n0wall (pc with CD/floppy
> combo). All works very nicely except...
> machines on my LAN (10.5.x.x) which used to connect quickly via AFP
> (macintosh) to servers on the WAN (216.204.237.x) still connect but
> they take FOREVER to do anything that requires data transmission.
> As a test.. I did a copy from 2 machines on my WAN VLAN  and it too
> less than 2 minutes. The same copy from  a computer on my LAN -
> VLAN to a computer on my WAN VLAN takes 2 0 3 hours!!!
>
> Anybody got any ideas where to look...?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Glen Page
> Technology Systems Administrator
> ThetNet
>

> people can see them. You should change them regularly. And you

Glen Page
Technology Systems Administrator
ThetNet

Macintosh - we might not get everything right, but at least we knew
the century was going to end.  ~Douglas Adams