[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] DNS Forwarder Crashes
 Date:  Tue, 09 Jan 2007 09:03:12 -0600
>From: Jim Golden [mailto:jgolden at wingnet dot net]

>For some reason the DNS forwarder dies from time to time in one of my
> installations. I'm running v. 1.22. If i disable DNS forwarding and
>later
> re-enable it everything works again. I have tried this on two
>different
> Soekris boxes. The machines that have static ip addresses assigned
>can still
> access the Internet, however the ones that have their addresses
>assigned by
> dhcp cannot access the web.

Are both of you having trouble with DHCP users only?  Because they
both should use the same DNS...  Or are your DHCP users not getting IP
addresses?  The php.core issue can cause DHCP to hang.  Look at the
status.php page in the "df" section, or do a df from the exec.php and
see if the ramdrive is full.  Normally it runs about %85.