[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Ed Lentz" <elentz at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Need some advice
 Date:  Thu, 11 Jan 2007 23:41:25 -0500
I am running my M0n0wall on a Net4501.  It is the newest version. I
have a dilemma.  I have a CRM that is running on an Apache server on
the lan.  The CRM software needs a url to download a file to a client.
 The problem is this.  If I put in the IP of the server then all the
users on the LAN can use this part of the system.  Users on the wan
side cannot.  If I put in my domain name the users on the WAN side can
use it.  I have read that if I have M0n0wall be the DNS for my network
then I can put in my domain name all will be well on both sides.  So
here's the question:  Can this be accomplished on my little NET4501
and if so how do I implement it?

Thanks for any suggestions

--
Ed Lentz