[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  BlackWand <Robert dot Winbladh at BlackWand dot NET>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Hangs?
 Date:  Fri, 12 Jan 2007 13:48:38 +0100
Hi,

I asked for this earlier, but did not get any response. So I thougth
that the problem did not interest you enough, or I am in the wrong place.

I got m0n0 1.22 running virtual under vmware workstation 5.5. I did not
want to put up a new box for this, since its a simple home network. m0n0
is very neat, with its web gui.

I have 3 interfaces, lan, wan, dmz (opt1). Everything is NAT/PAT over 1
public IP.
The heavy traffic is generated by a virtual machine behind the dmz,
running torrents.

I got port 10 000 to 60 000 fortfarded to this machine behind dmz, and
allow all traffic out.
I am guesseing something here makes the m0n0 hang (probably get stuck in
an infinite loop, is my guess).
It works for days, when suddenly, it stops dead.

I am not sure if this is the right place when running m0n0 under vmware,
if not, please tell me.
Is there some kind of debugging output from m0n0, that I could inspect?
To, hopefully see what the problem is.

I like m0n0, but the way it works for me, I have started looking for
other versions, but have not yet found anyone as easy/good/neat as m0n0.

/Robert