[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Max Cristin <max dot cristin at rogers dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Hangs?
 Date:  Fri, 12 Jan 2007 08:43:32 -0500
I had a similar problem and I actually posted it here a while back. I
was using m0n0 in a VMware virtual machine for my home network with 3
interfaces (LAN,WAN and DMZ). It kept freezing or rebooting on me few
times a day. At first I thought it was the hardware, but after extensive
testing I excluded that.

I then switched for a while to pfSense using the same hardware, same VM
and same configuration. That worked flawlessly from the first boot, so I
can only conclude that 1.22 is not very VM friendly.

I'm now back to m0n0 1.3b2 on a dedicated hardware and after struggling
a bit with my 3com nics everything works. From my experience I would
suggest you to either switch to pfSense + VMware or use m0n0 on a
dedicate hardware.

Max