[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Bradley Van Peursem" <bradley at itelework dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Traffic shaping, VOIP and Monowall Version
 Date:  Fri, 12 Jan 2007 11:36:01 -0500
We have noticed some strange behavior with traffic shaping:

To get good VOIP calls through our firewall we need to use the latest
Beta version, 1.3b2
To get good VOIP calls over a Monowall to Monowall IPSEC VPN, we need to
use the latest release version 1.22 at the remote site and 1.3b2 at the
main site.

We tried all the other combinations of versions with the same traffic
shaper settings but found this combo to work flawlessly.

We shape UDP (IAX packets) on the main firewall, and ESP packets over
the IPSec VPN.

Has anyone else run into these kind of issues for VOIP traffic shaping
when using Monowall??