[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "James W Harrington" <jamesh at thefifthrace dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Bit off topic need FreeBSD Help if possible
 Date:  Tue, 9 Jan 2007 11:31:15 -0500
Sorry guys I know this off topic but I am stuck with free BSD 6.1 and thought someone might be able
to help.

*
	I have installed freeBSD using the minimal CD, I installed the full OS via FTP.
*
	I enabled SSH when asked.

When I use putty to SSH to it I get an error message that says

system date hostname sshd[683]: error : PAM: authentication error for root from hostname.mypc

Could anyone possibly tell me whats going on I am a bit of a newbie at using FreeBSD

Thanks

and sorry again for being off topic

James