[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Don Munyak" <don dot munyak at gmail dot com>
 To:  "Hans Mojave" <root1981 at gmail dot com>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] How to use rest of CF card
 Date:  Sun, 14 Jan 2007 01:37:13 -0500
On 1/10/07, Hans Mojave <root1981 at gmail dot com> wrote:
> Hi there,
>

> Can i somehow resize the partition written by physdiskwrite?
> I want to put some files onto the CF card, which can be downloaded via http. (ssh/vpn client,
antivirus definitions aso)

> As i see there are only 256k for captiveportal files!? Partition is approx 24Mb.... So i want to
use the remaining 448Mb ;)

> Is there a simple way to resize, or to add a new partition to the card? (
> possibly even under windows or directly with exec.php)
>

> Best regards
> Hans

Short answer, no not really. about the only file that is writeable is
the config.xml. All other files are read only (i think). This allow
for hot/cold shutdown without totally fragging your system. I'm sure
there are many more,...other better reasons as well.

The long answer is yes, but this would require recompiling your own
customized 'fork". Manuel has included documentation at the m0n0 site
which explains how to build, compile and install m0n0wall from
scratch. There is a project called FreeNAS that has taken the
framework (and I say that loosely) of m0n0wall and created a new
project for an open source NAS solution.

Good Luck

~Don