[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  LEE Tet Yoon <leety at ihug dot co dot nz>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Questions about performance and thruput.
 Date:  Mon, 15 Jan 2007 03:18:46 +1300
At 10:59 p.m. 14/01/2007, you wrote:
>"Lee Sharp" <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org> wrote:
>
>>I use Dell GX1, GX110, and GX200 small form factor PCs.  One 3com nic onboard, and 2 PCI slots.
The CPU rangers from 450mhz to 1ghz in what I usually find.  They are cheap, plentiful, and very
solid routers.

>I am about to build a m0n0wall out of a Dell Dimension. I have bought three Intel Pro nics to put
in it, but it has a 3com already in it.  Do you find the 3coms in dell machines performs ok, or
should I replace it with an Intel?  I had to replace it if it is not necessary.

It'll probably help if you specify what kind of throughput you need. For example, I'm restricted to
2mbit/128k so it doesn't really matter much IMHO if I only have a realtek 8129...