[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Nate Stiller" <neon068 at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Making Wireless Work...
 Date:  Sun, 14 Jan 2007 15:58:13 -0500
I love my m0n0wall setup and I wanted to add my atheros card since
it's now supported with the new beta.

Everything looks fine and I can even connect and grab an IP with the
wireless but I can't do anything else. The ath card receives packets
fine and it seems like it sends them fine too since it grabs an IP but
that's all it does. Even when I'm connected with my laptop, it sends
but it doesn't receive packets.

This is what the interface looks like...
In/out packets  	 211/332 (26 KB/79 KB)
In/out errors 	13191/22

$ ifconfig -L ath0
ath0: flags=8943<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,PROMISC,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
	ether 00:15:e9:4c:2d:24
	media: IEEE 802.11 Wireless Ethernet autoselect mode 11g <hostap>
	status: associated
	ssid "Ubuntu Pwnz" channel 11 bssid 00:15:e9:4c:2d:24
	authmode OPEN privacy ON deftxkey 1 wepkey 1:104-bit txpowmax 36
	bmiss 7 protmode CTS burst dtimperiod 1 bintval 100

Any ideas?