[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  LEE Tet Yoon <leety at ihug dot co dot nz>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Watchdog time out...
 Date:  Mon, 15 Jan 2007 13:07:29 +1300
Even if you can't provide logs, you should at least provide your system info. Anyway, the way to
provide logs would be to either choose a different e-mail client or save the logs to txt or html and
attach them. Depending on the size, you might want to compress them first.

Your problem might be related to this problem
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-bugs/2006-October/020638.html which I found by Googling
for watchdog time out. If so, perhaps 6.2 release will have it fixed. Perhaps not. Obviously you
should first try and determine if it is the same problem. For example, you should investigate if
it's fixed in 6.2RC1 which 1.32b2 uses.

There also seems to be other reports of watchdog timeout and watchdog time out on FreeBSD via
Google. Mostly these are related ot various bugs, seemingly driver ones. I suspect yours is the
same...

Cheers

At 12:26 p.m. 15/01/2007, you wrote:
>No solution can be found reading those posts.
>Can anyone explain why those "watchdog timeout" message come out and how I can come out that
trouble?
>Now I've downgraded from version 1.32b2 to 1.22 as it's works fine.
>
>Thanks again.
>
>Jai Ketteridge ha scritto:
>>http://m0n0.ch/wall/list/showmsg.php?id=306/36
>>
>>http://m0n0.ch/wall/list/?action=show_msg&actionargs[]=305&actionargs[]=97
>>
>>JK

consolle screen this message appears: WATCHDOG TIME OUT.

>>The only way to restore is to reboot the firewall.
>>

>>Can you help me to find out the problem?
>>
>>I read in the mailing list faq that attachments are not allowed then I tried to copy and paste the
firewall status but my mail clients hungs up as there are lots of data there. How I can I send you
the status of my firewall so that you can  better  understand my problem?