[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  MykSto <myksto at libero dot it>
 To:  LEE Tet Yoon <leety at ihug dot co dot nz>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Watchdog time out...
 Date:  Mon, 15 Jan 2007 08:50:10 +0100
Thanks for your reply.
I haven't attached logs so far just bacause in the mailing list faqs
they say not to attach any file.
I have googled searching for the trouble and found nothing who can help
me. I wrote in this forum just beacause it's m0n0wall forum and I
thought it was the right place as it's m0n0wall I have the problem with.
I don't know BSD, I'm not an expert in those operative systems and I
hoped I could find answers from m0n0wall programmers: what's this forum
for? Placing bugs, problems, isn't it?

Now I'm attaching my firewall state hoping it can help.

Thanks a lot.

LEE Tet Yoon wrote:
> Even if you can't provide logs, you should at least provide your system info. Anyway, the way to
provide logs would be to either choose a different e-mail client or save the logs to txt or html and
attach them. Depending on the size, you might want to compress them first.

> Your problem might be related to this problem
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-bugs/2006-October/020638.html which I found by Googling
for watchdog time out. If so, perhaps 6.2 release will have it fixed. Perhaps not. Obviously you
should first try and determine if it is the same problem. For example, you should investigate if
it's fixed in 6.2RC1 which 1.32b2 uses.

> There also seems to be other reports of watchdog timeout and watchdog time out on FreeBSD via
Google. Mostly these are related ot various bugs, seemingly driver ones. I suspect yours is the
same...

> Cheers
>
> At 12:26 p.m. 15/01/2007, you wrote:
>
>> No solution can be found reading those posts.
>> Can anyone explain why those "watchdog timeout" message come out and how I can come out that
trouble?
>> Now I've downgraded from version 1.32b2 to 1.22 as it's works fine.
>>
>> Thanks again.
>>
>> Jai Ketteridge ha scritto:
>>
>>> http://m0n0.ch/wall/list/showmsg.php?id=306/36
>>>
>>> http://m0n0.ch/wall/list/?action=show_msg&actionargs[]=305&actionargs[]=97
>>>
>>> JK

consolle screen this message appears: WATCHDOG TIME OUT.

>>> The only way to restore is to reboot the firewall.
>>>

>>> Can you help me to find out the problem?
>>>
>>> I read in the mailing list faq that attachments are not allowed then I tried to copy and paste
the firewall status but my mail clients hungs up as there are lots of data there. How I can I send
you the status of my firewall so that you can  better  understand my problem?

>>> Thanks a lot.
>>>
>>> Michele.

> .

Firewall stat.zip (9.6 KB, application/x-zip-compressed)