[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Richard Hosking <richard dot hosking at safedataco dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  VPN and OPT1 question
 Date:  Mon, 15 Jan 2007 16:11:56 +0000
I am planning a network setup where I have servers
configured on a DMZ (OPT1) which will be bridged to
the WAN.

I also have a couple of NAT'd clients on the LAN
interface which don't need to talk to OPT1 or visa-versa
(which is good because I have read the FAQ entry
http://doc.m0n0.ch/handbook/faq-bridge.html [Why can't
hosts on a NATed interface talk to hosts on a bridged
interface]).

My question is can VPN users talk to the LAN & OPT1
machines if the correct firewall rules are added? I
know the LAN side should work, but what about the
OPT1 interface?  Are VPN users affected by the FAQ
entry above?

This whole setup is going into a collocation facility,
so the VPN is important to administer all the LAN and
DMZ machines.

Regards,
Richard.