[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  LEE Tet Yoon <leety at ihug dot co dot nz>
 To:  <m0n0wall dash dev at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] RE: [m0n0wall-dev] RE: [Forged Sender] RE: [m0n0wall] Re: why dont we have forum?
 Date:  Tue, 16 Jan 2007 19:22:49 +1300
At 06:27 p.m. 16/01/2007, you wrote:
>From: "David Kitchens" <spider at webweaver dot com>
>
>>I don't think that anyone is remotely thinking to replace this list with
>>the forum but a lot of users do like forums and a lot of users don't.
>>Without having the list and forum synced together, I just see a split in the
>>userbase is all. I for one, like both formats, I read every list email every
>>day and I visit a few forums every day as well. Most forums have a "recent
>>posts" feature that show you just the posts that were updated since you last
>>logged on so I don't have to go sorting thru all the categories to find new
>>posts.
>
>I too am on several lists and a few forums I am very interested in.  I check the forums 3-4 times a
week at best.  I try more often, but since it "catches up" when ever you check one post, I avoid it
until I have time to actually "catch up."  The m0n0wall list, on the other hand I check several
times a day.  (Whenever I check e-mail, and I almost always have an e-mail client up...)  And if you
look at the archives, you will see that a few recognizable names do as well.  When the list/forum
split occurs (and I know it will... Sigh...)  I will occasionally check the forum, but will still
answer list questions several times a day.  To be honest, I am curious to see how it shakes out.

While pfSense obviously targets a different audience somewhat, it might be interesting to see what
things are like for them as they too run a forum and lists(and also have a IRC channel

Cheers