[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "kevin hawkins" <firewallhelp at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Hardware Problems with Shuttle XPC
 Date:  Tue, 16 Jan 2007 12:12:27 -0600
We currently purchased
this<http://global.shuttle.com/share/product_data/spec/SS30G2_SE_spec.pdf>Shuttle
XPC.  We booted up the live CD of m0n0wall
1.21 with OpenVPN added in on the box but whenever the box gets to finding
the hard drive and mounting the FS (hard drive has no partitions or anything
on it), it goes to a screen saying if I want to keep my configuration, I
need to put a floppy in, starts flying by where it's suppose to be loading
services and just goes to the m0n0wall prompt.

Is there any hardware problems with this Shuttle XPC?  We've tried pfsense
and it actually locks the machine up once it gets to the same place in the
load process.  We've wondered if the SATA controller on it (which we have no
clue who makes it or the model number) is causing the problems.

We had a similar problem when we tried loading m0n0wall on a VIA EPIA
EK8000EG.  We had to send the unit back because despite talking to
technician support, reading messageboards for m0n0wall and pfsense and
trying google, we couldn't find anyone who had a similar issue or a working
fix for this.  We tried disabling APCI, UDMA, USB and Audio to no avail.