[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Hardware Problems with Shuttle XPC
 Date:  Tue, 16 Jan 2007 13:33:51 -0500
On 1/16/07, kevin hawkins <firewallhelp at gmail dot com> wrote:

> Is there any hardware problems with this Shuttle XPC?  We've tried pfsense
> and it actually locks the machine up once it gets to the same place in the
> load process.  We've wondered if the SATA controller on it (which we have no
> clue who makes it or the model number) is causing the problems.

I would suggest trying to install and run FreeBSD 6.2. If that doesn't
work, you need to take the issue to the appropriate FreeBSD list.
There seem to be a number of SATA-related FreeBSD issues that no
m0n0wall or pfsense developer will be able to resolve (though it may
also be 100% completely unrelated to SATA).

-Chris