[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Piet Seiden <piet at seiden dot dk>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  How to access the DMZ from the LAN?
 Date:  Tue, 16 Jan 2007 20:15:59 +0100
Together with a colleague I've been trying to set up a m0n0wall with
a DMZ. We have a /24 public IP subnet that we would like to use for a
couple of servers in the DMZ - either through bridging the WAN and
the OPT1 interfaces or by using 1:1 NAT. We have managed to get it
working using both these approaches, but so far we have been unable
to access the DMZ servers from hosts on the LAN. We are aware that
section 16.8 in the FAQ mentions this problem with regard to
bridging, but then a couple of notices here on this list by Neil
Hillard have mentioned that this could be overcome by overriding the
outbound NAT default settings. However, we have failed to make this
work for us. Are there any suggestions as to what can be done to make
this work?